Wednesday, April 20

Just a thought...


We all have crosses to carry in this lifetime...some are more visible than others...most of them are heavier than we let on...
While I was feeling myself bending under the weight of things recently, I realized that the Lord has already done this whole 'cross carrying' thing, so who better to ask for help with lightening my load, than the One who's already experienced, and overcome it?

Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke [is] easy, and my burden is light.

~Matthew 11: 28-30 KJV

8 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

Wonderful. Great words. Thanks.

Unknown said...

Such a simple, yet powerful post. Thanks for the reminder tonight!

Bethe77 said...

Great word.
Inst it awesome how He has already taken the burden from us. Im so grateful for that.
That is one of my standing verses to carry me through the tough times. Great one to share and a wonderful reminder of His wonderful love for us.
Blessings

Bethe77 said...

Michele I am awarding you the stylish award please pick up over at my blog. Thank you.
Blessings

Tracie said...

AMEN!! Wonderful to read this, this morning!!

JulieandMax said...

A very timely, wonderful reminder Michele :-)

WheelchairDecor said...

Thank you Michele, this is one of those scriptures that tug at my heart strings. How grateful I am to know there is always someone I can turn to and know that HE understands and can comfort me. Love my Savior...
Happy Easter, Becky Jane

WheelchairDecor said...

PS...3 Nephi in the Book of Mormon recounts when the Savior visited the Americas after his resurrection. It makes for good reading!
Becky Jane