Sunday, February 13

~Another Year Older, Another Year Wiser~



Saturday I turned 40-something-ish... hahaha! My hubby brought me a dozen gorgeous peach colored roses, and took me out to "wherever I wanted to go" -- but being a 'not so fancy' girl, I chose Sticky Fingers rib restaurant. I was in the mood for some smokey ribs...yum! I was only able to eat 4 ribs, though, since I'd had the flu last week and was still a little green around the gills! Oy! We shared a peach cobbler for dessert...then we went for a drive. I love quiet birthdays with my most cherished people. I'm not big on people making a production, or God forbid, strangers in a restaurant singing Happy Birthday!
Time really flies by fast, doesn't it? And it's true what our parents and grandparents used to tell us that it just seems to go quicker and quicker the older we get. How can I be this age, yet still feel 15 inside my head? Haha! One quick glance in the mirror jolts me back to the reality of my age though, oh my! Those "smile lines" as my hubby calls them -- but I ask him why, if they're really "smile lines" are they still there when I stop smiling? When push comes to shove, I know I'm not likely to go the Botox route (although I don't fault anyone who does.) I'm afraid I'd be one of the people it messes up with, so I guess I'll just wear my wrinkles, sags, and bags as badges...God knows I've earned every_single_solitary one of them!
Anyway...hope you all have a beautiful Valentine's Day filled with peace, love and chocolate!

8 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

So glad you had a nice birthday. You look good to me.

Corine Moore said...

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!!!! :D Ribs... yum! I'm glad you had fun. :)

PS I will be turning 40 this month, too, and I also feel quite young! It was fun visiting with my family today. My brothers picked me up and teased me with pretending that I am "Oh so heavy!" Ha ha! It was fun. :) I only wish my husband had taken more photos (he only took three, I thin, and could have gotten better photos with a little more button pushing! Oh well... great fun and memories! :D
TTFN...
Corine

Yenta Mary said...

"40ish" -- I love it! And I know why those smile lines are still there even when you're not smiling: it's because you find such joy in life, and bring such happiness to others, that you've smiled enough to set them permanently ... :) Wear them with pride!!!

Team Chastain said...

Mary!! You are soooo sweet, I smiled so hard reading your post that I think I just got a few more smile lines! :)

Corine, Congrats on turning 40 -- that was one of my favorite b-days (which actually happened a few years ago! LOL) You are gorgeous and don't look 40 at all. :)

Karen, thanks!! Was so nice having that long phone chat with you!! :)

MOMSWEB said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you! 40s are GREEEAAAAT!

hooksandyarns said...

Happy belated Birthday Michele. :)

- said...

Happy Birthday, you wise spring chicken you!

Team Chastain said...

LOL :) bwaaaackk!