Tuesday, March 15

~Day 8 of Challenge~


Day 08 - A picture that makes you laugh.

So yeah, it's a terrible quality picture, but it still makes me laugh every time I see it. It's of two of my very best friends in the world...Kat, and my dear husband, Doug (or Dougy-Poo, Chesty, et. al.) -- This was at the end of last summer, before Kat's belly-button timer popped and 10-pound Braden entered the world... Kat and her other 3 kids had stopped by my house, and my husband and Kat decided to compare "pregnant" tummy's. Who's do you think looked bigger? Shhh...don't tell anyone, but I think my husband's may have actually been a food baby!
Obviously the belly comparison makes me laugh, but I also always end up laughing at this picture because in Kat's hand is her dog's collar (he was visiting, too!) but the way she's holding it up to be out of the way of her tummy, it looks like a tambourine, and since her eyes are half-closed in the pic, she comes across as a hippie chick shaking her tambourine and really digging the grooviness of the moment! Hahaha! You know I ♥ you, Kat! And seriously folks, she is GORGEOUS...this is a bad pic...so I want to share one where her (outer as well as inner) beauty is captured, too!


Anyway, Kat is such a great friend! For my birthday this past February 12th (which is also HER birthday) she gave me a handmade (by her) purse and matching kindle cover (the kindle was a gift from my dear sister (Hi Diane!).
Here they are:



You can check out more of her awesome stuff on facebook here: "Kat's Out o'the Bag"

10 comments:

Bethe77 said...

Michele
That is a great photo. That is funny and would put a smile on everyones face. That is awesome to ahve such great friends.
Blessings

Karen Mortensen said...

I love it.

Becky Jane said...

Just looking at her tummy brings back memories...it is amazing to me how large a womans tummy can stretch with out popping!
Doug is hilarious! What a fun husband you have!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Funny photo and idea :)
kim

Kat's Out o'the Bag said...

It is such a hilarious picture. Thanks so much for sharing and getting a kick out of my hugeness. LOL btw I wub you too!!

Anonymous said...

Ooooooh, I love the bag & cover!! I can't wait till I get good enough to sew somehthing like that! I enjoyed finding your blog (through SITS, happy feature day!) and think you're a real inspiration to keep fighting no matter what. Go down swinging!! **lol** Congratulations on all your successes!

Unknown said...

The picture is SO funny! A 10 pound baby. Good gracious! : ) God bless her!

Tammy said...

Super cute on the friend and purse! :) Happy SITS day to you. Stopping by to say hi.

Enjoy your weekend!

mypixieblog said...

She totally does look like a cute earth momma shakin' her tambourine in this picture :)

Jasmine@Purebebe said...

Hello from SITS!
What a hilariously fabulous photo! I love it!!